Dude, where’s my Social Record Label?
You may have noticed we recently updated the tagline on our landing page from The Social Record Label to The Music Experience Marketplace…so what gives? Things are always changing at Tunezy, and after months of speaking to users we’re happy to announce an exciting shift to how Tunezy works. We really believe this allows us to better support Musicians, and at the same time offer huge value to the Fans that love them.
- Fans use NotesTM to tip their favorite Musicians
- Musicians use those Notes and spend them on products/services to help their careers
- Fans can spend Notes in the Marketplace on awesome products and experiences, like a ticket to a virtual concert hosted by their favorite Tunezy musician, or a download of an exclusive compilation album.
- Musicians now also earn Notes from sales they make in the Marketplace, and now have more options on how to use them:
- At the end of every month, Musicians on Tunezy participate in a revenue sharing program with Tunezy called the “pot”, which is based on the number of Notes they’ve received through tips and marketplace sales. The pot is funded by a portion of the revenue from Note sales made by users on Tunezy.
- Musicians can still use Notes on products and services on a new page called the Deals page
Our vision is to be the hub for Musicians and Fans to exchange these experiences. If we achieve this, we believe we’ll succeed in our goal of bringing power back to Musicians (one key message on our landing page that hasn’t changed).
We hope you like what you see (and hear).